Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Final Project Ideas

For my final project I first thought about doing manipulations. I like working with my 35 mm normally and using film so using manipulations could be fun. I thought about playing on dualities but with more thought and the responses I got from the Julia Margaret Cameron Emulation shot, I want to continue with portraits. I thought about all the portraits I have done in the past. I've shot random people I don't know, I've done narrative portraits, and I've photographed my friends but I've never done any pictures of people that have a deeper meaning for me. Personally, I've photographed my brother a lot but no one else in my family or extended family so I think I'd like to explore that. Two years ago when my mothers mom was passing I took a lot of time to explore my mothers side of the family through photos and personal accounts and now I'd like to take a better look at my fathers side of the family. There are some factors that will be a challenge. Ideally I would photograph everyone thats blood related, so no spouses just my aunts and uncles and their children, but some family is not possible to get to. I'm also not sure who will let me take their pictures. I hope I'll be happy with the results but I think this project will be more emotionally rooted then any other project I've done before.

For the field trip I won't be working on anything for the final project but I've done a lot of composite sea scape stuff that I'd like to continue working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment