Monday, September 10, 2012

Equivalence reading

Minor White reading was on equivalence in terms of photography. I personally didn't really enjoy the reading especially after watching the video on Francesca Woodman. I liked how in the reading talked about the photographer who took pictures for years of just clouds and how he thought they reminded him of his girlfriend. I got from reading that that people make associations with each others artworks that may be completely separate from the artists intent. He may be taking pictures of clouds because they remind him of his girlfriend but to someone else they can make the association that it reminds them of playing outside as a child. I also found it interesting that he talked about how we all see us within each others works. I guess I subconsciously like to find something that relates to my life in all the pieces of work I look at, it makes it easy to relate to, and if I don't find something I can relate to I'm either turned off to the work or I'm super intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment