"The artist, as he describes him, is a medium through which all sorts of ineffable forces flows."
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Less then Impressed
Soo I went to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston today and was disappointed with the photography room. Let me start this by saying Dover Transportation Center... you suck. When I got to the museum i was excited to see the Salt and Silver exhibit but I was so disappointed. It didnt seem to be a collection at all. The only positive thing was that my artist I'm emulating Julia Margaret Camera, was featured! Not my favorite print of hers but it was a good way too see her work up close. And for an added bonus she was placed right near another photographer I thought about emulating, Anna Atkens! Going to Boston also gave me plenty of time to start reading Camera Lucida. My review on that to come.... Moral of this post, MFA needs a better photo exhibit. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment