"I believe in other than mere conventional topographic photography-- map-making and skeleton rendering of feature and form without that roundness and fulness of force and feature, that modeling of flesh and limb, which the focus I use only can give, tho' called and condemned as 'out of focus.' What is focus-- and who has a right to say what focus is the legitimate focus? My aspirations are to ennoble photography and to secure for it the character and uses of High Art by combing the real and ideal and sacrificing nothing of Truth by all possible devotion to Poetry and beauty. But I need not tell you what my aims and efforts are. Your eye can best detect and your imagination conceive all that is to be done and is still left undone..."
I'm falling more and more in love with Julia Margaret Cameron's work the more I read on about her. Slightly worried about emulating such great work but I'll give it a shot. **Anyway Im pleading that if anyone knows any models with long hair beauties or dudes with beards that would be willing to model for me to send them my way. I'll provide snacks and beer to any takers.** The search for ridiculously good looking romantics is on.

No comments:
Post a Comment